Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Aveda Smooth Infusion...not a smooth move.

Oh Aveda....I had high hopes for their Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother but it let me down. I bought this product while I was in Seattle and liked that it advertised that it defends against humidity for up to 12 hours. The saleswoman also said it would be a great product for my type of hair (medium frizz and waves in humidity).

The instructions say to apply a small amount of this through wet hair before you style it. I found that when I applied this product to my hair and then blow dried it, it had little to no effect. It had a better effect at fighting frizz when I air dried my hair, but it always looked greasy.

The smell is not too bad, but I personally find it displeasing. It smells like a combination of black licorice and mint. It does contain some great ingredients like Aloe Leaf Juice.

I think the packaging is quite nice, though. It has a pump dispenser that locks, which is very nice for traveling. It is also made out of 100% recycled material.

I have used about half of this bottle and I will not be purchasing this item again nor can I reccommend it to you. Save your $24-28 and buy a different product from the Aveda line. It's still a great brand!

No comments:

Post a Comment