Monday, April 4, 2011

Channeling Rapunzel



I have recently become obsessed with hair extensions. I made the mistake of cutting off my beautiful, long auburn locks at the wish of my boyfriend (now ex) 5 years ago. He obviously didn't come up with the best ideas...but that's another story.
Since then, I have not grown my hair past my shoulders and I miss it dearly. I have been blonde, brunette and everything in between. I'm ready to go back to my roots - literally.

I have scoured the internet for reviews and my YouTube history is sick of me typing in the same thing over and over again. I'm just so torn!

At first I was going to choose FoxyLocks Extensions. It is beautiful hair, but they don't have very many color options. I am also not too thrilled about ordering something from the UK. I mean, the monetary exchange and the extra shipping charges and the long wait...ugh. I don't have time for that. Most people who did reviews seemed pretty satisfied with this product, but some people said that the ends were thin and they shed.

THEN....

I found Luxy Hair Extensions. I love the auburn color that they have. At first I couldn't find any horribly negative reviews about this product. After more digging, some people said that they shed a lot and had a lot of breakage. One person even said that the company was a lot of 'smoke and mirrors'. Yikes! I'm not one to let one bad review stop me so Luxy is still in the running.

A favorite YouTuber of mine, HairGirl247, was raving about Lush Locks. She claimed they were the best. When I went to their website to look at their products, it said they were out of stock on just about every item. Sigh.

Then came the best/worst...

HeadKandy Extensions...where do I start? I think they have been around longer than the previous two companies. Some reviews said that the clips often came broken, they fell apart, they became unmanagebly tangled after a few uses, when washed they lost color and sheen, etc. A lot of people said that they re-did their extensions and are now much improved. What to believe?! The thing that I liked about this company is that their wefts have more hair than the others. I have very thick hair so that is extrememely appealing to me. Is it worth taking a risk?

I am pretty sure I'm leaning towards either one 160 gram set from Luxy hair, or possibly two 120 gram sets. Like I said...I've got a lot of hair to blend.

Any thoughts/opinions?

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment