Monday, April 4, 2011

MUFE's 'Mat Velvet +' Review


If you're like me, you'll read every review online and watch every tutorial on YouTube before purchasing a piece of designer makeup. I found a lot of positive reviews on this foundation and very few negative ones, so I decided to try it.

I have oily/combination skin. I was looking for something with full coverage and that was long lasting. This makeup has amazing coverage, however it lasts about 4 hours before you have to do touchups. I loved that MUFE offers a wide array of colors to choose from and for once I wasn't automatically the lightest shade!

I would not reccommend this product for one big reason: if you have any dry skin whatsoever, Mat Velvet + will cling to it and magnify it like a spotlight. Do you have wrinkles? Expect Mat Velvet + to exaggerate them, as well.

This was the biggest problem I had and because of it, I will not be buying this product again. If you have 'normal' skin, this would be a great product for you. Us girls with oily/combination skin will have to keep looking.

1 comment:

  1. Thank for this review...as a dry skin person with wrinkies this is good to know. I'm amazed that you weren't the lightest fair they had, too! Great blog so far! Keep 'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete